Monday, July 22, 2013

THOUGHT PROVOKING INTRODUCTIONS




 "Hi my name is Bill with ABC Company."

What do you say in the next 30 seconds that is honest and sincere and also thought provoking and interesting?

I don't know about you, but my attention span seems to be getting shorter and shorter. In fact, the longer you spend telling me all about your company, the quicker you lose me. 

Worse yet, many business people will only give their names or the company that they are with and SAY NOTHING after that ...  missing an opportunity to connect. Why not say a few extra words? Maybe something short of an elevator pitch, not even a tagline, but still thought provoking.

Here is where it gets interesting. Have some fun with it. Let's say that you sell:

Gourmet candy. You could say, "We create, market and deliver unique and creative candy gifts to businesses and individuals. Can I make a SWEET  delivery for you this week?"

Life Insurance: You could say, "I give away money."

Chiropractor: You could say, "I'm a chiropractor and I make your back happy."

Realtor: You could say, "Hi, Julie, with Keller Williams. Interview me now for your next home sale and I'll buy you lunch."

Computer Repair: You could say, " Just call me when your computer ticks you off."

Mortgage Lender: You could say something like: "Hi, I'm Mark with Top Roofing.  When it hails, I'll bring my nails."

Have fun adding something thought provoking to your introductions and see how easily conversations open up.






No comments:

Post a Comment