Friday, November 15, 2013

Standing On A Referral

Standing on a referral.
You may have heard me say in the past that you are always standing in the middle of a referral. 

But on Thursday, I found myself not in the middle but literally STANDING on a referral.

It was 7:15 am and I had just entered the First Watch Restaurant in Tulsa to go the T-Town Gold Star meeting. My heel caught on an edge of an uplifted section of flooring. Oh, I thought... that could be dangerous.

I asked Tanya, the manager's wife, "What's happening to your floor?"

"We can't figure it out and neither can anyone else. It keeps coming up." She said.

I smiled. "Let me get back to you. I think I know someone that can help you."

During our referral meeting, I was able to visit with the more-than-talented handyman in our Gold Star Club, Rob Ewens. I told him about the floor. 

Sure enough, as we stood at the cash register checking out at 8:30 am, there was Rob investigating the floor for the restaurant manager. Within minutes, he had figured out that the person who laid the floor had neglected to lay down a moisture barrier. 

I haven't heard yet whether Rob got hired to repair the floor. But I have to tell you, it felt good to refer him.

So, I told this story for a purpose. As you go about your day today. Look around. You may not only be in the middle of a referral, you may be walking through one, on top of one or looking at one. 

Check out Gold Star Referral Clubs to learn more about creating an endless stream of referrals.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent thoughts that ever business networker should be aware of! To get more business, give more business by referrals.

    Great job, Beth!

    ReplyDelete